Date: February 22, 2022
Location: Holland, MI
Reports To: Name and Title
Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets fabrication prints or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, welding, or assembling structural steel products.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks.
- Selects torch, torch tip, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal.
- Connects regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders and welding torch.
- Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch and adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain desired flame.
- Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler material to molten area to form weld.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts.
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces.
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter.
- Cleans or degreases parts.
- Maintains clean workspace.
- Scans job worked time into data collection system.
Competencies (check all that apply)
☒ Analytical Decision-Making
☒ Learning & Development
☒ Planning & Organizing
☒ Professionalism & Integrity
☐ Financial Management
☒ Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
☒ Teamwork & Relationship-Building
☒ Results Orientation
☒ EEO Accountability
☐ Managing Others
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.