The Research Associate, Reagent Lab is an entry-level position in the Reagent Lab at Accelerate Diagnostics. Research Associates are responsible for conducting regular lab operations in the support of RUO, IUO, and IVD applications. A Research Associate in the Reagent Lab will contribute to planning and executing processes under GLP and cGMP guidelines (when applicable). The ideal candidate will be a team player, demonstrate excellent communication skills, be flexible, organized, and excel in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Routine reagent preparation and execution of various responsibilities including:
- Aseptic formulation and filling processes.
- Preparation and maintenance of batch record paperwork, according to GDP
- Maintenance of chemical, consumable, and bacterial isolate inventory.
- Maintenance of a well-stocked and clean laboratory.
- Instrument and equipment calibration/preventative maintenance.
- Assist in training of new research associates.
- Communication of results/challenges amongst the team.
- Available during laboratory emergencies (such as OOS formulations or OOS conditions reported by a temperature monitoring system).
- Attend and support meetings with internal teams to facilitate project completion or on-market support, when required by team lead.
- Regular execution of laboratory experiments and qualification protocols.
- Participate in brainstorming and problem solving, propose fixtures and/or Kaizens to make Reagent Lab workflow more efficient or safe.
- Assist in logistics for the lab, including regular shipments of material for on-market and clinical trial support.
- Process existing ERP work orders.
- Receives direction from Research Associate II’s, Senior Research Associates, Associate Scientists, and a team lead.