Title: Mortgage Loan Processor II Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Retail Lending Location: Headquarters/Eligible for remote work arrangement
Reports To: AVP Retail Lending Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Reporting to the AVP Retail Lending Operations Manager the Loan Processor is responsible for processing all mortgage loan applications and keeping customers informed of progress. This includes keeping all monthly accounting and compliance reports up to date and providing administrative support for the department. Additionally, it is expected that this position assists with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole, acts as a resource for other team members in the Retail Lending Department and embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Sets up newly originated mortgage packages using Mortgage Bot and Encompass, and completes the following:
- Prepares and sends out consumer disclosure packages
- Orders appraisals, credit reports, and customer verifications
- Orders pre-legal requests.
- Reviews all returning information, including appraisals for accuracy and requests additional information as appropriate.
- Monitors files to make sure important dates in process are met.
- Prepares mortgage files for final underwriting which includes obtaining Private Mortgage Insurance approvals when necessary
- Keeps department up to date with Mortgage Rate Surveys
- Updates interest rates daily for publication of the Bank’s website and Mortgage Bot POS
- Assists Loan Originators/Officers with any requests.
- Reviews quality control packages for shipment to investors as directed by manager.
- Process Teller Transactions for the department/floor through Teller Insight and balance the “branch” on an as needed basis.
- Keeps up to date with knowledge required to use Mortgage Bot and Encompass
- Able to assist with all consumer loan requests as needed.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Readily volunteer and accept assignments to special tasks established to address specific issues and opportunities.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service
- Participate in Lean projects as requested by the Manager or Lean Leader to help streamline processes and procedures that support business goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Remote access may be made available if the employee has the needed level of job experience and performance to be effective in a remote role, remote access will be granted per the remote work agreement.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Interacts independently and under limited supervision. Work is analytical in nature and procedures adhered to are prescribed by bank, State and Federal policy and regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- General Banking knowledge
- Minimum 2 years mortgage processing experience
- Experience with database software, Mortgage Bot, Encompass, Desktop Originator/Underwriter and Loan Product Advisor systems knowledge is preferred.
- Sound mathematical skills, problem solving using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Sound Judgement
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Creative and Resourceful
- Ability to identify market/business opportunities
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
The person in this position frequently communicates with other departments and customers, about banking products, their bank accounts and transactions, and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as bank statements, paystubs, W2’s, tax returns, credit reports, underwriting guidelines and investor policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. loan files, boxes of files)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 75% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. branch meetings, networking, training, community/marketing events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.