Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
Smalley has an opening for a SALES ENGINEER to work within our Sales Team! This position will work to ensure continuous development and growth of sales of Smalley products in multiple markets, including but not limited to: automotive, aerospace, medical and other industrial markets.
- Monitor customer sales activity and nurture new leads and opportunities
- Plan and complete virtual meetings with customers in given U.S. territory area(s)
- Develop assigned U.S. territory through frequent customer contact, quote follow up, and meetings/virtual visits
- Grow assigned U.S. territory by expanding targeted accounts, working with marketing on various campaigns, hot leads, and attending virtual tradeshows
- Act as the primary contact for customers in assigned U.S. territory, including phone and email contact
- Work directly with various internal customers (including: Marketing, Customer Service, Estimating, Quality, etc.) on pricing, contracts, territory development etc.
- Travel to meet with customers in assigned territory as business needs require