MANAGER, INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
FULL-TIME / EXEMPT
STARTING WAGE: $75,000 - $85,000
REQUISITION ID – 46928
Larkin Street Youth Services is a nonprofit empowering young people to move beyond homelessness. Founded in 1984, we’ve helped over 75,000 young adults in San Francisco by providing a continuum of healthcare, housing, employment, and education services. Three out of four youth who complete our programs exit to stable housing. We’re also part of the movement to end youth homelessness nationwide through policy partnerships with national organizations and fellow nonprofits. Being part of Larkin Street means bringing compassion and integrity to ending youth homelessness. We celebrate diversity, stand for equity, and create pathways for individual and community growth. For more information about Larkin Street, visit our website and our Culture Guide.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Individual Giving, the Manager, Institutional Giving is responsible for maintaining Larkin Street’s portfolio of institutional funders, including foundations, corporations, and civic/religious groups. Collaborating with various development team members, this position works to minimize attrition from the renewal portfolio and drive increased revenue from current funders. The incumbent supervises a Grant Writer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Grant Development and Management (75%)
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Institutional Giving, Program Staff, Research & Evaluation Team to develop accurate, compelling, and individualized letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and other written communication to donors at all stages of the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship process.
- Collaborate with the Grant Writing Consultancy Firm during times when competing deadlines call for added capacity.
- Develop grant budgets and reports in partnership with Finance staff.
- Take the lead in planning and coordinating funder site visits.
- Meet quarterly with Program Staff to track progress against grant goals.
- Monthly meeting with the Grants Accountant on the Finance team to track and ensure the timely spend-down of private grants.
- Steward current institutional funders by hosting them for Larkin Street events, inviting meetings and site visits, sharing new marketing and research materials, and maintaining regular communication (e.g., email, phone, newsletters).
- Identify current funders with greater giving capacity and develop and implement strategies to cultivate increased grants.
- Cultivate relationships with lapsed funders when focus areas align with Larkin Street’s mission.
Tracking / Other (5%)
- Utilize and maximize the potential of Salesforce database to input, track, report, and manage grant data.
- Archive grant documents on Teams.
- Maintain a calendar of grant deliverables in Salesforce.
- Document all fundraising efforts (interactions, grant deliverables, etc.) in Salesforce.
- Maintain the Private Grants Library in Teams and upload all grant deliverables promptly.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as required, including joining a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Work Group.
- Other duties as assigned.