Status of Employment:
Part Time, Non-Exempt
- Monday – Friday: 7am-9am before school care or after school care 3pm-6pm.
- Approximately 15-25 hours per week.
- Timing depends on students being served.
Assist with the planning, organization, implementation, and oversight of daily schedule of activities for youth in both an indoor and outdoor recreational setting specifically assisting assigned participants with a disability to provide inclusive services.
- Work with children with a disability in an out of school care program.
- Provide direct leadership and supervision to assigned programs and services.
- Provide developmentally appropriate activities that meet the needs and interests of the participants.
- Implement out of school activities in program setting according to established schedule.
- Accompany program participants on field trips.
- May transport program participants and supplies using a park district vehicle.
- Participate with program participants in scheduled daily activities; potentially swim with program participants; ride along on pick-up and drop off routes.
- May need to set up a specific schedule within the park district out of school setting to manage the needs of a participant in an inclusive setting.
- Establish cooperative working relationships with co-workers and parents.
- Attend pertinent departmental/park district meetings and in-house training sessions.
- Conduct self in accordance with the policies and procedures as established by the park district.
- Participate in park district Safety and Training Program to ensure that work performed, and services provided are implemented in a safe manner.