Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 14 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social- emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging nearly 30 years of experience serving over 157,900 children with the support of more than 62,500 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Research Associate is a member of the Education and Research (EDU) department. EDU develops, tests, and supports programs, curriculum, training, and research that advances Jumpstart's priorities in the areas of early childhood education. The primary responsibilities of the Research Associate are to complete research reviews and documentation on current literature, programming, and practices to advance Jumpstarts programming. The Research Associate will also work with EDU staff to organize and maintain research, resources, and systems.
The Research Associate reports directly to the Senior Manager of Research and Development. This position is a part-time position of 24 hours per week.
- Gather, review, analyze, and compile current literature related to relevant and assigned topics in early childhood education. This may also include creating documents or presentations on research.
- Update existing research reports and/or produce new reports with relevant and recent findings.
- Complete research on assigned practices, policies, organizations, educational materials, or any other relevant topics.
- Organize and maintain systems to track and manage research, sources, and other relevant aspects.
Collaboration and Partnership
- Collaborate within Education and Research colleagues and across Jumpstarts departments to support ongoing development and quality of Jumpstart programming.