The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the supervision of kitchen staff with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative. Additional tasks include, but are not limited to assigning outlet, creating and fostering a sanitary, productive and team-oriented work environment. Understanding the culinary philosophy of the restaurant, attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies. This position is responsible for the preparation of high-quality meals in accordance with Lev Group standards, menu specifications and production schedules. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
Exciting new restaurant coming to Downtown Summerlin by Chef Roy Ellamar. We are looking for passionate food and beverage professionals who want to be part of this restaurant family and bring this new project to life. Lunch and Dinner medium volume restaurant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes and supervises food production activities, e.g. proper cleaning, cutting,
marinating, seasoning, cooking of food items etc.
- Monitors and controls all labor and food costs through effective scheduling, training and supervising the production of the food to ensure that budgeted food cost, kitchen labor cost and related operating expense goals are achieved
- Assist in the development of food products and menus as needed for menu
- Expedites orders to maximize efficient production and delivery to the guest in the proper order
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment in compliance with company and industry standards
- Conducts quality checks of goods received
- Ensure appropriate rotation of all stored products
- Monitors and ensures compliance with recipe specifications
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Create daily schedule to ensure proper staffing requirements are met
- Guide, motivate, train and develop line employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws to include but not limited to: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Teach and train staff of production and presentation changes to menu items
- Complete necessary management assignments to include:
- Inventory par levels & inventory supervision, conduct yield testing, individual recipe costing, recipe standardization, photographic plate presentations, routine equipment/kitchen inspections, manage documented culinary employee files, and Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Directly supervises the kitchen staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; discipline employees in conjunction with Human resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years kitchen staff supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years technical food production experience in fine dining restaurant
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Technical experience and demonstrated proficiency in Butchery, Garde Manger and Pastry
- Proficient in computer applications and software
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical Culinary Diploma
- Fine Dining
- Upscale Casual
- Chef Driven Concepts
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and math analyzation skills
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Confident and effective operational and motivational speaking skills
- Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts in recipe and labor costing and control.
- Ability to follow delegation while providing technical and management troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques
- Demonstrated operational logical: multi-unit prioritizing skills
- Strong interpersonal staff relations and leadership skills
- Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time. In some instances, the entire shift
- Intermittent periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds at times
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print)
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects)
- Ability to move quickly turning from left to right or right to left
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to be mobile in walk-in refrigerator and freezer with temperatures ranging from 40° F to -10° F
The LEV Restaurant Group was founded in 2002 as a vehicle to inspire, create, develop and operate world class experiences for food & beverage concepts in the Restaurant Industry. We are excited to collaborate and invest in entrepreneurial spirited professionals to create authentic, immersive drinking and dining experiences. We partner with chefs, service leaders, and brand ambassadors and provide all the support necessary to ensure brand development success. Based in Las Vegas, LEV Restaurant Group oversees 900 employees and 55+ multi-state locations.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At LEV Restaurant Group, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 702-566-7210.