The Neighborhood Coordinator supports the Fleet Mission Statement and Visitor Experience Philosophy by providing customer service and support for the Wraparound Services for STEM Learning (WSSL) grant project funded by the Department of Navy Office of Naval Research. Performs administrative duties related to the grant project including maintaining communications and relationships among National City's diverse business, education, scientific, and community-based organizations.
This is a part time, grant-funded position. The position is currently funded for three (3) years with the possibility of extension.
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental and physical requirements of position:
- Group Meetings: Support Community Engagement Manager [WSSL Project Manager] and National City STEAM network chair, including agenda setting, goal alignment, meeting facilitation, action item follow-up, and ensuring the capture and communication of meeting notes.
- Communications: maintain and update National City communication tools, including website, social media, and email systems through assisting and encouraging partners in their use and making content contributions, co-creating promotional content for partners and community audiences, and tracking use.
- Represent the National City STEAM network at meetings and community events, which includes maintaining a good knowledge of the programs, and goals of the WSSL project and partner organizations, and assisting with community programs as needed.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager [WSSL Project Manager] on budget and grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with data collection, evaluation, process tracking and reporting.
- Contribute to the planning, logistics and support of National City STEAM network events and initiatives.