The Sous Chef manages the daily operation of assigned kitchen(s). Monitors kitchen(s) profitability and quality standards. Provides direction to line employees to improve the operations of the department. Assists with food production as needed.
Exciting new restaurant coming to Downtown Summerlin by Chef Roy Ellamar. We are looking for passionate food and beverage professionals who want to be part of this restaurant family and bring this new project to life. Lunch and Dinner medium volume restaurant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact with other Department Heads to help operations proceed smoothly
- Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests
- Assist with administering, coordinating and distributing information to all kitchen employees.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for scheduling, payroll and employee records
- Observe employee performance in assigned kitchen(s)
- Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef for the preparation of kitchen employee performance reviews.
- Organize and maintain food storage, rotation and utilization
- Ensure guest satisfaction (i.e. food quality, production, presentation) and resolve guest complaints
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned kitchen(s) and delegate job tasks and responsibilities throughout these kitchens
- Complete food ordering and approve requisitions
- Present needs of the department to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef
- Complete special projects as directed by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous chef
- Assist in the job duties and responsibilities of kitchen employees when business dictates
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and math analyzation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Technical Culinary Diploma or two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One-year prior inventory/cost control experience
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Computer skills helpful
- Fine Dining
- Upscale Casual
- Chef Driven Concepts
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time. In some instances, the entire shift
- Intermittent periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds at times
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print)
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects)
- Ability to move quickly turning from left to right or right to left
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to be mobile in walk-in refrigerator and freezer with temperatures ranging from 40° F to -10° F
The LEV Restaurant Group was founded in 2002 as a vehicle to inspire, create, develop and operate world class experiences for food & beverage concepts in the Restaurant Industry. We are excited to collaborate and invest in entrepreneurial spirited professionals to create authentic, immersive drinking and dining experiences. We partner with chefs, service leaders, and brand ambassadors and provide all the support necessary to ensure brand development success. Based in Las Vegas, LEV Restaurant Group oversees 900 employees and 55+ multi-state locations.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At LEV Restaurant Group, we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 702-566-7210.