Marketing and Communications Intern
Description and Requirement
Maryland Auto Insurance is a Property & Casualty Insurance carrier and independent agency of the State of Maryland. We’re located in the Locust Point neighborhood of Baltimore, featuring a variety of restaurant and shopping options in walking distance from the office.
Maryland Auto Insurance seeks candidates to fill part time, contractual role in our Marketing Internship Program. This is a part time position with a maximum of 30 hours per week
The Marketing and Communications Intern will be provided with an opportunity to work closely with and support the work of communications and marketing professionals engaged in managing digital and social media assets, developing and executing internal and external communications strategies, creative development and BtoB outreach activities as well as community outreach activities.
Job duties include:
• Developing content for newsletters, website, blogs and other communications
• Reviewing and editing various communications
• Creating PowerPoint and other presentations
• Participating in meetings and work sessions with IT team and advertising agency
• Managing event calendar and logistics, including supplies and material
• Participating in community outreach events (occasional weekend/evening requirement)
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Qualified applicants will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with website management and social media analytics. Proficiency in MS Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) is necessary as well as ability to maintain a high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm and confidentiality. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred, but not required. Candidates majoring in Marketing or Communications are highly encouraged to apply and a writing sample is requested.