Education and Experience Required:
Pursuit of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent professional certification in Computer Science or Business Administration.
Some work experience in data or business analysis programs including Microsoft 365 Suite, particularly Excel, and Microsoft Power BI. Experience and understanding of SQL is highly preferred. Demonstrated skills should include problem solving, project management, trend analysis and the creation of presentation materials.
- Other Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Business English (spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Basic knowledge/skills in the use of IT equipment, office practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical skills and understanding
- Proficiency in Excel or related program
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data compiled from a number of sources
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees, industry-related professionals, and the general public
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively and set and meet deadlines
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Professionalism: Represents MAIF well by conveying a positive image through his/her actions. Builds rapport with other employees. Uses diplomacy and tact, is considerate, has regard for, thinks carefully about, and pays attention to others’ feelings. Maintains a calm demeanor under difficult circumstances. Consistently provides high level of internal and external customer service.
- Initiative: Is pro-active and a self-starter. Frequently contributes worthy ideas and suggestions. Identifies what needs to be done, takes action, and solves problems before being asked or the situation requires it. Openly embraces and adapts to new organizational structures, procedures, methods, techniques, and technology.
- Teamwork: Works effectively with others in order to achieve organizational goals. Eager to assume leadership or project lead role(s) when opportunity presented. Volunteers to assist others whenever possible. Encourages others to collaborate.
Maryland Auto Insurance is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law. Applicants who need an ADA accommodation for an interview should request the accommodation when notified of a request to be interviewed. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States.