The Sous Chef manages the daily operation of assigned kitchen(s). Monitors kitchen(s) profitability and quality standards. Provides direction to line employees to improve the operations of the department. Assists with food production as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact with other Department Heads to help operations proceed smoothly
- Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests
- Assist with administering, coordinating and distributing information to all kitchen employees.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for scheduling, payroll and employee records
- Observe employee performance in assigned kitchen(s)
- Ensure employees adhere to established policies and procedures
- Provide feedback to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef for the preparation of kitchen employee performance reviews.
- Organize and maintain food storage, rotation and utilization
- Ensure guest satisfaction (i.e. food quality, production, presentation) and resolve guest complaints
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned kitchen(s) and delegate job tasks and responsibilities throughout these kitchens
- Complete food ordering and approve requisitions
- Present needs of the department to the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and Sous Chef
- Complete special projects as directed by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous chef
- Assist in the job duties and responsibilities of kitchen employees when business dictates
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Technical Culinary Diploma or two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum [_] years cooking experience in a high-volume / highest quality operation (as judged by Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Director)
- One-year prior inventory/cost control experience
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Computer skills helpful
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and math analyzation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LEV Group: The LEV Restaurant Group was founded in 2002 as a vehicle to create, develop and operate Food & Beverage concepts. Based in Las Vegas, LEV Restaurant Group employees over 700 employees and has 50+ multi-state locations. LEV Restaurant Group is committed to various local and national charities with a focus on those that help children with mental disabilities.