The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives. Finance values motivated, energetic individuals committed to achieving excellence in a public sector environment and a desire to be part of a City agency that is revolutionizing public health and mental hygiene services.
We are seeking to fill one Finance analyst position in the COVID response and support team which will provide support to the COVID activation related activities, including but not limited to some reporting and ad hoc projects within Finance. The analyst will work a 35 hour per week schedule.
- Function as a conduit of Finance processes in resource procurement, funding, reimbursements and timekeeping during an activation
- Understating the Finance operations and processes, consult with subject matter experts and advise requesters on following and implementing the processes as needed
- Collaborate with multiple units and people all day
- Track and update ticket status in the ticketing systems and progress tracker
- Comfortable with learning and working with multiple DOHMH Systems
- Assist with updating financial reports as needed
- Assist with proofreading finance policies for accuracy and grammar
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed.