The Cost Control Analyst will work with the Birchstone Residential Construction team to provide support in the maintenance of a portfolio of exterior and interior construction budgets, commitments, and invoices. The Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the Job Costing module of Entrata contains the most up-to-date budget and commitments for each project within their portfolio, as well as reviewing all invoices for accuracy in job cost coding, aligning the invoices to the appropriate commitment, and ensuring all required documentation is included. The Analyst will be responsible for the entry of the initial budget, any budget modifications as directed by Construction and approved by Ownership, the entry of all commitments, change orders, etc. The analyst will work with the Construction team to assist in monthly variance reporting to Ownership, assisting in liaising with Ownership to address any areas of concern.
- Enter and maintain approved budget in Entrata by cost code
- Enter all commitments, base contracts, change orders, and purchase orders, against the appropriate budget lines in Entrata
- Review and approve all construction invoices, ensuring cost coding aligns with budget and commitments, and ensuring all required contractual documentation is included, i.e. state specific lien waivers.
- In conjunction with the Construction Team, analyze, identify, and report all variances to budget for review with Ownership
- Assist new Construction team members in the use of Entrata, best practices, and corporate controls
- Provides suggestions for improving overall efficiencies and processes at a company level; implements agreed-upon solutions to maximize operational effectiveness
- Provides and demonstrates exemplary service to all team members. Creates and develops meaningful and memorable experiences through personal relationship building.
- Other duties as assigned.