Residential Re Entry Specialist
Want to help change a child’s life or start a career in the criminal justice system? Community Solutions is looking for dedicated and positive role models to mentor and provide a safe environment while facilitating counseling, advocacy and support in a therapeutic setting for adolescent boys between 12 and 18 years of age.
Shift: Part Time - Fri-Mon 11pm-7am (32 hrs)
Starting rate: $15.75 Sign on stipend $500
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal justice system. Since CSI’s founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer in the community-based service. We have been delivering supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and become productive citizens. Using this plan we built the first ever halfway house in New England which has now been replicated and grown to almost 50 programs in 9 states. For over 50 years, CSI has been building upon its successful foundations and has been expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and families each year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
- Provide documentation on any client issues and incidents.
- Verify all physical items being passed between shifts.
- Ensure security of facility keys.
- Administer client’s medication.
- Conduct common area, room searches and perimeter searches as assigned and document results.
- Conduct pocket / wand searches on all clients entering the facility and document results.
- Confiscate any contraband found and complete incident report.
- Complete house counts every 15 minutes from 11pm – 7am & 7am – 11pm and document results in program log.
- Report any unusual incidents to supervisor.
- Transport Clients as needed in a Company vehicle.
- Conduct monthly emergency drills.
- Secure urines screens on a weekly and random basis.
- Assist residents as appropriate in job searches.
- Supervise all client visitation. Sign all visitors and contractors in and out of the facility.
- Complete intake on all new arrivals prior to the end of your shift. Facilitate client orientation as assigned.
- Prepare meals for clients.
- Participation in recreation / pro-active activities.
- Facilitate all client movement in and out of the facility.