General Statement: The Fleet Science Center’s Science Educator supports the Fleet Mission Statement and Visitor Experience Philosophy by providing educational programming designed for school groups and public audiences. This position will teach Fleet workshops, outreach programs, School in the Park classes, summer camps, birthday workshops, assembly shows, Girl/Boy Scout and other youth and adult programs and assist with developing curriculum for these programs.
Reports to: Education Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
- Present Programs at area schools, which may include after-school programs.
- Present Fleet Workshops, Programs and educational activities in various formats to field trip students, adults, groups of teachers, children, and the general public.
- Assist in creation, planning and implementation of new or existing Fleet programs for children, adults and teacher groups. This may include curriculum writing as needed.
- Assist with education department logistics, including, but not limited to: restocking and organizing outreach kits, care of educational tools and Fleet vehicles, sharing information about Fleet programs with schools and the general public, and logging data.
- Provide exemplary customer service, including conducting weekly confirmation calls to scheduled outreach and workshop school groups, and handling questions, comments and/or complaints regarding education programs and events professionally and tactfully.
- Maintain timekeeping accuracy and meet timekeeping deadlines as established by department and the Fleet.
- Attend employee training program and other trainings and meetings as directed.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.