- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- K-12 classroom teaching experience AND/OR
- 2+ years in professional sales
General Sales Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Communicating Effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
- Exerting Personal Influence: Persuading others to support or agree with an idea, issue, or position.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Knowledge of the Business: understands value from a customer perspective; stays informed; understands the organization; understands the educational market
- Building Value Based Relationships: explores opportunities for relationships; identifies relationship needs; facilitated mutual agreement; develops credibility; maintains open lines of communication
- Frequent travel by automobile.
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Teacher Created Materials (TCM) is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran. This policy of non-discrimination and affirmative action applies to all levels of employment and to all employment practices, including (but not limited to) compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, educational, training, recreational and social activities.