Are you looking to make a difference in the world?
Looking to take the next step in your career with an impactful organization helping people?
Join the FTD Disorders Registry (FTDDR), LLC, a non-profit entity working to accelerate the science towards treatments and cures for the most common cause of dementia under 60, known as FTD, and including diagnoses of behavioral variant FTD, primary progressive aphasias, FTD-ALS, corticobasal syndrome, and progressive supranuclear palsy. We advance research by providing tools and resources to help people learn about research opportunities, to collect and share data to advance the science, and to amplify the voice of the patients’ and families’ lived experience. All Registry staff are hired as employees and team members of AFTD, an affiliated non-profit that co-founded and manages the Registry as an LLC. AFTD is the leading organization dedicated to ending FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful, confident, goal-oriented, self-starter who is comfortable working with patients, caregivers, and clinical researchers. This remote-based position will preferably be located near King of Prussia, PA and work under the guidance of the Registry Director.
The Communications Manager will manage a portfolio of content for print and electronic communication channels, crafting materials targeted to varied segments of our audience. They will develop, maintain, and update content (text, images) for the FTDDR website (www.FTDregistry.org). They will develop/manage outreach campaigns, support colleagues in creating visual representations (charts, graphs) of basic demographics and research data, and assist with hosting webinars.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate/develop/implement all outreach materials, activities, and campaigns under direction of the Registry Director and in collaboration with FTDDR team members.
- Maintain responsibility for all FTDDR print and electronic publications, including:
- manage overall content development and updates to maintain robust, interactive FTDDR website,
- create content & manage Registry social media communications (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube),
- create content for FTDDR quarterly e-Newsletter, e-Blast notices, ‘Press Releases’, infographics,
- create branded video content, process video files, and manage the FTDDR YouTube channel.
- Establish a content development plan with timetable for communications and outreach.
- Manage email marketing automation software inclusive of all outgoing communications.
- Track website, email, and social media analytics; use metrics to refine messaging and outreach.
Other Job Functions
- Maintain calendar and project management systems to track communications and outreach/engagement activities.
- Assist with preparing scientific presentation materials; maintain branded slide template, create charts/graphs, design layout, and content development.
- Liaise with approved external research teams to be supported by the Registry for recruitment/referral support through Registry communication channels.
- Organize and serve as technical host for occasional Registry webinars.
- Manage FTDDR branding (trademark and style guide) across all print and electronic media; maintain shareable assets pool for external users.
- Carryout essential Registry operations tasks as needed for staff coverage.