The New Jersey office of Norris McLaughlin, P.A., has an opening for a litigation associate in the Environmental Practice Group and Litigation Group. The candidates should have 2-5 years’ experience in environmental law and complex commercial litigation. The position provides the opportunity to work both independently and as part of our strong environmental and litigation teams.
- Handle complex environmental matters involving CERCLA, Spill Act and related common law causes of action
- Handle insurance disputes including declaratory judgment actions involving environmental claims
- Handle all aspects of commercial litigation matters, including discovery, court appearances, depositions, expert issues, and client management
- Appear before courts and arbitrators all over the state, including both Law and Chancery Divisions and Federal District Court
- Must have environmental litigation, regulatory, compliance and permitting experience
- Experience related to site remediation, brownfield redevelopment, and cost recovery is preferred
- Superior academic credentials
- Excellent researching skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Must be bar admitted in the state of New Jersey
At Norris McLaughlin, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their backgrounds, experiences, views, and strengths. Our differences in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, religion, disability, and beliefs enable us to be a better team.
The Firm provides employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicated federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If working in a high quality of life firm sounds appealing, give this opportunity serious consideration.
You must fill out and complete the online application to be considered for this position. Please remember to attach your cover letter and resume to your online application.