The Archbishop, visible principle of unity in his archdiocese, is called to build up the particular Church unceasingly in the communion of all its members, and to ensure that their diverse gifts and ministries, in union with the universal Church, serve to build up all the faithful and to spread the Gospel. (Apostolorum Successores 8). He must take care that all the affairs which belong to the administration of the whole archdiocese are duly coordinated and are ordered to attain more suitably the good of the portion of the people of God entrusted to him. (Apostolorum Successores 177).
Each position employed in the Chancery helps to extend the ministry of the Archbishop in particular ways as outlined in the position description.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE:
To support and coordinate social media and other digital communications efforts for the Archdiocese of Seattle, which includes managing channels for the Archdiocese and Northwest Catholic. This role also provides support for other Chancery department channels and assists parishes with digital media education. This position can be worked as hybrid with part of the week working onsite, It is not a remote job
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES:
- Embraces role as a digital evangelist, always looking for ways to reach more people with engaging content.
- Coordinates and executes social media strategy, pages and posting for Archdiocese of Seattle and Northwest Catholic, including maintaining content calendars, creating and scheduling organic and paid posts, sharing posts, and managing the respective communities. Also coordinates all testing, boosting and ad buys, as well as influencer management for each channel.
- Creates and executes original content for Archdiocese of Seattle social media, including event promotion, Archdiocese initiatives and statements, campaigns, video and other engaging content to meet follower, reach, engagement and conversion goals.
- Tracks and updates social media metrics and reports for the Archdiocese and Northwest Catholic social media and other channels as necessary to drive data-driven strategies.
- Serves as a social media SME for Chancery and parishes. Communicates social media campaigns and best practices across the Chancery and leads regular social media meetings.
- Proactively stays up to date on the latest social media strategies, tools and tactics.
- Supports other digital media strategies as needed, including filming and editing videos, adding and updating content on Archdiocese of Seattle website, email marketing, digital ushering for livestream Mass, and other efforts.
- Proofs the digital links in the online edition of the magazine, making sure each link accurately corresponds to its story and page. Add links for Spanish/English translations in the columns.