Immediate opening for an experienced ERISA attorney as an expansion of its Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits practice group. A successful candidate will have at least three to five (3-5) years of high-quality experience in ERISA/employee benefits matters. The position provides the opportunity to further develop skills and to be an integral part of our Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits Group.
- Counseling individuals and plan sponsors regarding ERISA and tax implications of all aspects of employment-based agreements, defined benefit and contribution plans, deferred compensation arrangements, severance benefits and other compensation arrangements; Implementation and termination of plans; and
- Representation before IRS and DOL
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- LLM in Taxation a plus
- Experience in arrangements maintained by higher education facilities and tax-exempt organizations
- Experience dealing directly with clients
- Excellent contract drafting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be bar admitted in the state of New Jersey
At Norris McLaughlin, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their backgrounds, experiences, views, and strengths. Our differences in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, religion, disability, and beliefs enable us to be a better team.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
If working in a high quality of life firm sounds appealing, give this opportunity serious consideration.
You must fill out and complete the online application to be considered for this position. Please remember to attach your cover letter and resume to your online application.