Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an experienced Field Claims Adjuster. Applicants should have 5 or more years of experience handling Property and Casualty claims in the field. The position requires extended periods of driving and requires the physical ability to climb ladders, walk roofs, and perform other functions in the field. The territory is the Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan area.
The field adjuster’s role in the claim is to inspect, investigate, and prepare estimates for covered damage. Tasks include driving, taking recorded statements, photographing damaged property, preparing diagrams and estimates, identifying and recommending appropriate reserves, negotiating with contractors and body shops to reach agreed price for covered repairs, and completing detailed and well-written reports. The adjuster will also complete underwriting inspections in the field on new business and renewals. The field adjuster must be an effective communicator and is expected to provide superior customer service in interactions with policyholders and other parties involved in the claim handling process.
- Effectively manage and coordinate multiple party involvement to ensure smooth claim process.
- Investigate claims, including taking recorded statements, photographing and measuring damage, and writing estimates.
- Negotiate prompt and fair claim settlements.
- Utilize specialty software to write auto and truck estimates.
- Utilize specialty software to write estimates on commercial and residential properties.
- Prepare and present thoughtful and detailed reports.
- Organize a workload that involves heavy communication via written correspondence, email, and telephone.
- Must be physically able and available to drive for extended periods for claim inspections and/or CAT duty when necessary.