Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 14 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social- emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging nearly 30 years of experience serving over 157,900 children with the support of more than 62,500 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
This is an exciting time for the Marketing, Communications & Brand team at Jumpstart as we approach the 30th Anniversary in 2024. This Senior Director of Marketing, Communications & Brand position is an integral team leader in helping to deepen and expand support for Jumpstart’s impact by leading a brand refresh and driving success in integrated brand and direct marketing communications. The Senior Director of Marketing, Communications & Brand reports to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Brand and works as a thought partner with the Director of Digital and Donor Communications to elevate and extend the Jumpstart Brand across the organization and with target audiences.
The Senior Director of Marketing, Communications & Brand will manage the functional leads for Impact Initiatives, Impact Partnerships, Creative Design, and Communications, ensuring a cohesive brand identity and strengthening organizational communication, collaboration, and performance.
Marketing, Communications & Brand Management
- Strategic thought partner to Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Brand to conceive and develop strategy to grow the Jumpstart Brand awareness and increase supporter engagement
- Lead and manage Impact Initiatives and Impact Partnership leads, broadening Jumpstart brand awareness, and optimizing branded Content and Collateral
- Work in partnership with the Digital and Donor Communications Associate Director to optimize content for the digital supporter and donor journey
- Manage the Jumpstart Brand Rollout and creative collateral development as part of 30th Anniversary celebrations
- Create systems and protocols to analyze and report on Marketing, Communications & Brand performance and guide decision-making
People Management and Leadership
- Manage, coach, and support functional leads for Impact Initiatives, Impact Partnerships, Creative Design, and Communications.
- Sets up direct report to do their best work, develop professionally, and navigate challenges through regular 1:1s, goal setting and performance reviews, and day-to-day support in order to retain direct reports and support them in retaining their teams
- Foster a strong organizational culture in the workplace aligned with Jumpstart’s core values and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proactively look for ways to increase the department’s overall professional development
- Work with Marketing, Communications & Brand Team on planning, budgeting, analysis, and related strategies to support Jumpstart’s overall operations
- Work collaboratively with Vice President of Marketing Communications & Brand, Vice President of Development, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO) to set and achieve revenue goals in the short and long term, operationalizing a multi-year development plan outlined by the CEO and CDMO
- Play a leadership role in the successful implementation of a Growth Capital Campaign (GCC), ensuring Marcomms Team have the support and resources needed to effectively participate in and drive GCC fundraising
- Ensure network-wide consistency of best practices surrounding Marketing, Communications, & Brand operations to create efficiency and provide for improved decision-making, and brand collateral development.