EOE M/F/Vets/Disability Affirmative Action Employer
JOB TITLE: Asset Recovery Collections Clerk
DATE: January 2020
REPORTS TO: Asset Recovery Officer FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides support in facilitating all asset recovery efforts of the bank, and focuses on asset recovery efforts involving payment arrangements, judgments and garnishments on charged off and delinquent accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Schedule and track payment arrangements on charged off and delinquent accounts.
• Prepare affidavits to initiate small claims court cases and facilitate attendance at hearings; ensure follow-up judgments and garnishments are filed as necessary.
• Skip trace customers in order to pursue money judgments.
• Generate various reports to identify collection opportunities and research for location, employment to initiate recovery efforts.
• Maintain records of all collection activity and all recoveries received which may include, but are not limited to, contacting borrowers through various forms of communication.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a program to encourage front line employees to recognize and capitalize on collection opportunities to recover bank losses; this might include conducting meetings, ongoing communication, providing training, implementing incentives, tracking recoveries, etc.
• Assist with facilitating repossession efforts on vehicles, to include communication with loan officers, initiation request to repo agent, notification to customer, receipt of collateral condition reports, identification of collateral values, filing VSI claims, preparing credit memos, maintaining files, obtaining titles, sale of vehicles, and processing of sale transaction.
• Assist with facilitating repossession and liquidation of other personal property collateral as necessary, which may include equipment, inventory, livestock, etc.
• Assist with communicating with attorneys regarding legal actions necessary to assist with recovery and collection efforts.
• Assist with maintaining all Bankruptcy cases, to include preparing proofs of claims, obtaining reaffirmation agreements, facilitating attendance at meetings of creditors, researching repayment plans, processing payments, coordinating with bankruptcy attorneys and bankruptcy trustee.
• Assist with researching and facilitating any other actions that may be necessary to ensure an effective recovery effort for the bank.
• Prepare various reports regarding repossessions and collections, including monthly reconcilements and status updates.
• Assist with administration of other real estate properties, which might include maintaining expense ledgers, coordinating marketing plans, showing properties, etc.
• Serve as back-up to other Loan Administration positions.
• Must be able to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
• Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and customers.
• Follow the direction of the supervisor.
• Perform other duties and projects as required by management..