EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, art/photography, marketing, journalism, or an equivalent level of experience
- Strong videography skills and expertise in use and operation of video cameras, software and equipment.
- Experience in use of Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom.
- Experience with post-production, video promotion, and social media (especially YouTube) preferred.
- Familiarity with content management systems, graphic design, and email marketing platforms helpful, but not required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- A commitment to advancing equity, and the ability to work well with diverse constituents, including students, alumni, staff, faculty, parents, volunteers and friends
- Ability to follow established procedures and organizational systems
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple departments
- Ability to work independently
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Asks questions and seeks assistance
- Demonstrates confidentiality when appropriate and follows all university policies and procedures
- Positively represents Pacific University as a high-quality institution of higher education devoted to inspiring students to think, care, create, and pursue justice.
- The Office of Marketing & Communications is based on Pacific’s Forest Grove Campus
- This position requires significant in-person work on the Forest Grove, and occasionally Hillsboro, campuses. Limited hybrid work is possible.
- This position requires indoor and outdoor candid videography, in addition to computer-based office work.
- This position may require some evening and weekend work.
__Climbing __Balancing _X_Stooping _X_Kneeling _X_Crouching __Crawling __Reaching __Standing __Walking __Pushing __Pulling __Lifting _X_Fingering __Grasping __Feeling _X_Talking _X_Hearing _X_Repetitive motion
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: __Sedentary work _X_Light work __Medium work __Heavy work __Very Heavy work _X_Visual acuity
At Pacific University we are dedicated to providing experiences that are authentic, holistic, equity minded, and responsive. We continue to develop our equity practices with a particular focus on racial equity.
For qualifying employees, our benefits include generous paid time off for vacation, holidays (including winter break) and sick leave. We offer medical coverage with alternative care (in-network services covered at 100% after payroll deduction), comprehensive dental, vision plans, 9% contribution to retirement after one year of service with no match required, free mental health appointments, and tuition remission for employees and their dependents. We cover employer paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance. On campus benefits include free access to our sports facility and library, with discounts on campus food, bookstore purchases, clinic services, and gear rentals through our outdoor program (kayaks, snow shoes, bikes and more).
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Studies have shown that candidates that are female and/or BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet all of the qualifications they find in the job description. We are seeking the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be a person who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every minimum qualification described or are unsure if your experience could be considered related experience.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
It is the policy of Pacific University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military, veteran or Vietnam Era status, or any other protected classification recognized by applicable law, in admission, access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or any other applicable state or federal law, or city ordinance. Questions or complaints may be directed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116, email@example.com.
Application materials will be screened and interview candidates will be selected and notified by telephone. The hiring process normally consists of several interviews and can last several weeks depending on the position. All applicants will be notified once the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.