The Allentown, PA office of Norris McLaughlin, P.A., is seeking an immigration associate attorney to join its fast-paced immigration practice group. The position will work in a collaborative environment on all aspects of immigration matters, including research and writing, trial preparation, court appearances, and representation at federal agency interviews and hearings.
Job Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Extensive legal research and writing
- Preparing senior attorneys for court hearings & asylum office Interviews
- Attending clients interviews and appointments at federal agency field offices
- Extensive client communication
- Visiting clients detained in federal prisons
- Reviewing and analyzing forms of immigration benefits and relief for individuals, families, and businesses
- Preparing submissions for various deportation defenses
- Coordinating and drafting paperwork related to removal defense, visas, permanent residence, and citizenship, including affidavits, petitions, and applications
- Keeping track of calendaring tasks and prioritizing assignments in order to meet deadlines
- Providing legal and organizational assistance to senior attorneys
- Preparing extensive, detailed, and well-thought memorandums and briefs in support of appellate litigation
- Admitted to Practice Law in a U.S. Jurisdiction
- 0-3 years’ experience as a practicing attorney (preferably in immigration law)
- Membership in moot court, pre-trial advocacy, or a law journal
- Experience in trial or appellate advocacy (either in school or in practice)
- Impeccable research, writing, and organization skills and must be detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set and keep strict deadlines
If working in a high quality of life firm sounds appealing, give this opportunity serious consideration.
You must fill out and complete the online application to be considered for this position. Please remember to attach your cover letter and resume to your online application.