Bristol Health Medical Group is an expanding network of community-based practices staffed by over one hundred of the region’s most skilled primary care physicians, specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers dedicated to Bristol Hospital’s goal of being one of the best community hospitals in Connecticut.
We have an exceptional full-time opportunity for a compassionate and mission-focused BC/BE neurologist with excellent clinical skills to join another neurologist in an already well-established practice located in a brand new ambulatory care center.
• Position responsibilities are mostly for outpatient general neurology
• Share on-call coverage for small 169-bed community hospital that averages less than 10 inpatient consults per week with very light weekends and nights
• Ability to read EEGs is a plus; ambulatory EEGs are done in the office
• Instant volume and a large referral network
• Accomplished and collegial colleagues
• Fully integrated EMR with dedicated IT staff
Bristol Health Medical Group Offers:
• Attractive salary with productivity and quality bonuses
• Generous amount of paid time off
• Comprehensive array of health benefits
• Retirement savings plan
• Employer paid malpractice coverage
• Relocation assistance provided
• J1 and H1b sponsorship
Our community is:
● Conveniently located in the center region of Connecticut.
● Safe, family-oriented communities with excellent public and private schools.
● Close proximity to urban living with diverse cultural opportunities including concerts, ballet, theatre, museums and wineries.
● Plenty of surrounding shopping centers, restaurants and movie theatres to visit at your leisure.
● All the joys of New England recreation: fishing, hiking, boating, biking, skiing and snowboarding.
● Easy travel distance to Bradley International Airport.
● Direct access to the Connecticut coastline.
● Easy commute to big cities - only two hours from both Boston and NYC!
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Traci Brown in our Physician Recruitment Office at 800-892-3846 or fax/email your CV to 860-585-3086 or Tbrown@bristolhospital.org.
REPORTING PURPOSE: To act as the Neurologist for patient care services at BHMSG in Bristol, Connecticut. To provide Neurological patient care services as required by coverage arrangements at BHMSG. To provide inpatient Neurological patient care services at BHMSG. The Physician will provide input and support to the development and management of the Practice, and will assist in duties which are related to the management of the Practice such as budget preparation, assessment of equipment and support needs, assessment of support personnel needs, and attendance and participation in Bristol Hospital and BHMSG meetings.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Physician will meet with the President of BHMSG during the period of provisional evaluation. Physician will abide by the BHMSG, Bristol Hospital and Medical Staff Bylaws, rules, regulations and policies and be accountable to Physician’s Department Chairperson.
Provide Neurological inpatient and outpatient care consistent with the standard of care for a board certified Neurological physician.
Prepare and maintain patient medical records on BHMSG and Hospital pre-approved forms consistent with BHMSG, Medical Staff and Joint Commission standards. It is expected that medical record documentation be completed within twenty-four (24) hours of the provision of patient care, in accordance with BHMSG’s standards.
Prepare all reports, claims and correspondence necessary or appropriate in connection with professional services rendered by Physician.
Obtain consultation with other physicians as appropriate.
Assist in the preparation for and participate in surveys by federal or state regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission.
Participate in clinical guideline development, care management programs and quality assurance as directed.
Provide a pro rata share of the off hour, holiday, night and weekend coverage for the Neurology Practice throughout the year without additional compensation.
Provide input and support to the development and management of the Practice as described above.
Participate and comply with BHMSG and Hospital compliance programs and activities, including participation in any compliance education programs deemed necessary or appropriate by BHMSG or Hospital including but not limited to billing and coding compliance programs.
Comply with all BHMSG reimbursement requirements including the timely completion of all necessary billing information and accurate coding of services.
Provide a minimum of 2 hours per month in community service health programs and educational sessions as approved by the Employer.
Cooperate and participate in educational programs established by BHMSG and the Hospital from time-to-time relating to Physician’s expertise, and work in the Department of Medicine and elsewhere in the Hospital.
Serve on BHMSG, Hospital and Medical Staff committees and/or in leadership positions as requested and approved by Employer. For those committees/leadership positions that compensate physician members for their attendance/service, the physician shall serve on at least one such committee or in one such leadership position without additional compensation as approved by Employer.
Assist BHMSG and the Hospital in marketing and promoting its Neurology services in the Office sites in the Bristol area and at the Hospital.
Attend and participate in regularly scheduled meetings with other physician members of BHMSG and the Hospital.
Participate in the development of and comply with the product standardization and cost efficiency policies and initiatives of Employer and those of such related entities as identified by the Employer.