The Medical Biller stationed at clinic will accurately expedite the claims process by creating claims for all daily generated superbills from assigned site(s). The Medical Biller will take all appropriate necessary measures to ensure proper reimbursement for all claims created. The Medical Biller will have knowledge of all insurance programs utilized at pertinent site.
Flexible, may require some evening and weekends
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Create claims by entering all superbills generated on a daily basis from assigned clinic site(s).
- Track missing, pending or incomplete superbills (e.g. Daily Superbills Report, retro, etc).
- QA superbills for accurate data entry (e.g. eligibility, payer, diagnosis, etc).
- Ensure completeness of claims for proper payment (e.g. PM160, CMS1500, attachments, etc)
- Interface with clinic staff and providers to obtain any required information needed to enter and bill/rebill a claim.
- Contact insurance vendors (e.g. eligibility, denials, etc)
- Organize superbills for storage (e.g. file, scan, label, etc)
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide superbills or any attachment(s) requested (e.g. rebilling, HEDIS, superbills for audit etc)
- Generate/create various reports (e.g. Daily Superbill Report, go-backs etc)
- Assist in billing projects.
- Attend trainings, meeting, workshops, and webinars as needed.
- Will perform other related duties as assigned by the Billing Supervisor, Billing Manager, Controller, Finance Director or Executive Director.