This position is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing, existing product enhancements and new product development plans to strengthen the business units market presence and visibility as well as increasing market share, margins, and distributor confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Culture - Promotes the Companys mission and values-based culture through analysis of product and promotion in the marketplace to determine opportunities for new product and/or improving current products and marketing to create a competitive advantage for assigned brands. Demonstrate the core values of the Specialty Play Group division: Hardworking, Helpful, Dedicated and Resourceful.
- Product Launch from Concept to Completion - Leads the product, marketing and design teams to plan and execute campaigns for launch of new product introductions through creative collateral, website support, media support (photography and video) and press releases.
- Promotion Analyze competitive promotions and generate ideas for national quarterly promotional events and activities as well as regional and statewide promotions as opportunities arise.
- Product Development - Lead the product development team in conducting detailed and thorough research and analysis of competitors products to anticipate trends and determine gaps in the industry for possible new products.
- Leadership Be a leader and mentor for multiple direct reports on the marketing and design teams as well as sit on the leadership team for the division.
- Pricing Manage and execute strategic and annual price changes in a timely manner to manner with consideration for margins and the competitive landscape.
- Cross-Functional Team - Lead the cross functional teams for each brand (Engineering, Marketing, CAD, Quality Control, Manufacturing, and Design) to ensure goals are accomplished.
- Reporting - Monitors progress and executes reports on: monthly marketing objectives, activity and results. (promotions, trade events, digital presence, etc.)
- Budgeting - Develops and monitors general expense budget for all brands and monitors adherence throughout the year.
- Competition - Stay continuously up to date on the competitive landscape for marketing, product development, promotional activity and sales tools of competitors by providing data-driven analysis of each.
- Design Management - Work with the Design Manager and Design Team to maintain the product development schedule, set priorities and present progress.
- New Product Research and Initiation - Develop strategic, innovative, and effective new products based on market opportunity and competitive offerings.
- Execute Internal & External Product Training - Conduct product training for the CAD quoting department and all other customers of the Marketing department as appropriate.
- Sales Tools - Direct the development of sales tools on new and existing products including: product release sheets, sell sheets, video, PowerPoint presentations and slides.
- Art Direction - Utilize the team to execute and art direct product photography and video for assigned business unit brand assets.
- Execution of Printed Collateral Material Lead the planning and execution of key collateral and print materials including the annual catalog and sales tools throughout each year.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager.