Birchstone Residential is a culture-based property management company that oversees the day-to-day operations of apartment communities owned by Ashcroft Capital. At Birchstone, our mission is to strive for excellence in every shape and form and we live that every day through authenticity and transparency. We hire the best talent, and then stand back and let them shine. Our empowered and passionate team members translate into a first-class level of customer service - and that translates into residents who love where they live.
The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for providing support for the day-to-day accounting operations essential for property-level bookkeeping, reporting, and property financial operations.
- Serve as a liaison between corporate office and properties and assists with daily requests from property management teams.
- Handle accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Review revenues recorded by the communities by analyzing transactions and assisting with reclasses
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Work with Property & Regional Managers to develop budget variance explanations.
- Create and post adjusting journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statement packages which include in-depth review of general ledger, and balance sheet & income statement accounts.
- Ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Help develop and update Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.