At First Fidelity Bank, we are looking for talented, enthusiastic team members with a passion for service excellence. Our employees are critical to our overall success. We invest in our employees by providing excellent training and development, as well as advancement opportunities. We offer our employees a family environment, great benefits, competitive pay and paid time off for work/life balance. We are dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve, and we encourage our employees to participate in charitable giving and volunteer opportunities. One of our Core Values is to provide a caring place to work where people truly enjoy coming to work each day. Colleagues of First Fidelity Bank take pride in working here, make lasting friendships and have fun!
Contributes to the soundness of the consumer loan portfolio through prompt collection of delinquent accounts. Responsible for maintaining an acceptable level of delinquency in an assigned portfolio of loans, while maintaining positive client relations. Contact’s delinquent consumer or small business loan borrowers in an effort to resolve the delinquent status. Maintains related records and prepares regular reports and summaries of delinquent account activity.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Receives and reviews daily listing of all delinquent consumer loans that are more than 10 days past due.
- Communicates with delinquent borrowers in attempting to obtain late payments, using various means of contact such as telephone, letters or outside agencies. Utilizes effective interpersonal communication skills, presenting a positive bank image, yet being persuasive in approach.
- Utilizes methods of collection under terms of loan contract, depending on the feasibility and applicability of each case if initial collection attempts do not secure required payment. Extends due dates or refers clients to loan officers for refinancing. May repossess collateral on secured items if the delinquent situation requires such action, and adjusts working hours to accommodate the client or to secure collateral.
- Locates clients with whom the bank has lost contact. Is tactful and resourceful in probing for information leading to the location of the delinquent client or collateral.
- Collects and monitors loans from initial delinquency through repossession if required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.