Bronx, NY, US
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
Graham Windham is one of the first organizations in the New York City to implement Solution – Based Casework. Solution – Based casework helps children and families to be the solution to the seemingly insurmountable problems in their lives, from generational cycles of poverty, abuse, and neglect to unemployment, domestic violence, and severe health problems. By recognizing and reinforcing their innate strengths and ability to cope, we at Graham Windham empower them to take the lead in making change in their lives.
About the Program
At Graham Windham our Family Foster Care programs help children to get back to their families, adopted into a new family or connected to someone who is willing to be an anchor for children, throughout their childhood and into adulthood. To help us do that, we have hundreds of loving & highly qualified foster parents primarily in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx and Westchester County- who serve as our foster children's substitute family.
About the Position
Graham Windham's Treatment Family Foster Care program seeks aSocio-Therapist Supervisor to build and lead a strong team that provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Graham Windham’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible. Find out more about what it islike to be a Supervisorin our Family Foster Care Program by viewingone of ourRealistic Job Preview videos at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a supportive working and learning environment.
- Provides formal and informal supportive, programmatic and clinical supervision to each team member; holds formal individual supervision at least bi-weekly (or more often when warranted/directed) and team meetings on a monthly basis.
- Evaluates staff performance, accurately assessing the strengths and developmental needs of team members.
- Holds staff accountable for strong performance.
- Ensures appropriate record-keeping.
- Responds to case emergencies (after hours when necessary)
- Responsible for behavior planning for each child in the TFFC program
- Participate in Treatment Team meeting on a bi-weekly basis
- Other duties as required