Senior Business Analyst will combine strong Property and Casualty insurance knowledge with an understanding of IT insurance systems to be a functional expert on specified PL lines of business and applications utilized by the organization. Will work directly with the Personal Lines business unit, IT, and various vendors to help develop and track initiatives that will utilize technology to improve product, service and/or business processes. The Senior Business Analyst will work collaboratively with stakeholders and team members in order to thoroughly test and evaluate new systems and/or enhancements to assure their accuracy and effectiveness in meeting the desired results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs
- Develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans/cases and other QA assessments
- Conducts and documents system testing according to the standards agreed upon by the business unit and IT
- Develops and maintains a test matrix for lines of business supported by an automated rating system, incorporating all possible transaction scenarios
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements accurately reflect application features and functions
- Manages application (internal and external) quality assurance and help desk activities including the tracking of bug reports and change requests and ensuring their timely resolution
- Responsible for testing, evaluating and validating new functions and applications, and identifying issues in software
- Reviews production output for accuracy of rating, policy decs/forms and processing of all policy transactions
- Assists in resolving automation issues, concerns and problems
- Works directly with personnel in the business unit(s) to help develop and perform necessary training on applications and system enhancement.
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, documenting estimated time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project life cycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts
- Conducts meetings with project team(s) regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines
- Meets with appropriate personnel for periodic reviews of prototypes and final product
- Provides single point of contact for assigned projects