Position: Speech Language Pathologist
Location: Solomon Schechter Day School / Northbrook, IL
Supervisor: Director of Education
Wage Range: $50,000 - $55,000 annually, Full benefits
FLSA Classification: Exempt / Full-time
Keshet is seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist for the Therapeutic Day School program located in Northbrook, IL. The Speech-Language Pathologist works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide services to students, classroom teams, families and other professionals to promote the development and acquisition of student language and communication. The Speech-language pathologist provides assessment, therapeutic intervention, and direct instruction to students through individual and push-in programming as well as co facilitation with other related service team members.
CRITICAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Consult and collaborate with parents, educators and other professionals to design and implement therapeutic and instructional interventions to address student differentiated communication and language acquisition.
- Participate in the assessment of communication skills, administering and interpreting evaluation results as appropriate.
- Craft individual IEP and write evaluation assessment reports.
- Use data and assessment information to guide interventions and strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Provide direct services to students to develop communication skills necessary for social and educational progress.
- Demonstrate an expertise in working with students with significant intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Provide expertise regarding development and interventions related to acquisition of language during problem solving and team meetings.
- Participate in continuing professional development to improve and enhance knowledge and skills.
- Identify and implement augmentative and alternative communication technology systems to support students’ communication. Utilize technology to assist students in developing communication skills (alternative as well as common usage).
- Be knowledgeable about and follow legal requirements and ethical codes of the professional of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Assist staff in integration communication technology into curricula
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Education.