The position is responsible for underwriting credit facilities and assessing investment opportunities for various types of conventional and non-conventional purposes including:
Commercial Loans Healthcare Finance
Purchases of Consumer Credit Portfolios Supply Chain Finance
Investments in Private Equity Limited Partnership Interests Investments in Bonds and Municipals
Other risk management activities
Responsibilities include assisting in the analysis of opportunities, tailoring the appropriate structure, coordinating credit approval process, and overseeing execution of appropriate documentation. The position entails a broad range of responsibilities, will be assigned a variety of projects and has both management reporting and portfolio management responsibilities.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Participate in opportunity assessment discussions to determine acceptability of proposed credit and investment transactions.
- Independently participate in client and prospect due diligence meetings by phone, virtually or in person.
- Engage as needed with prospects, private equity sponsors, other lenders and external legal counsel.
- Provide effective analysis of credit or investment opportunity and evaluate risk and return parameters of financing transaction or investment.
- Spread and analyze company financial statements and develop financial analysis models.
- Perform industry and broader market analysis.
- Review and analyze collateral.
- Prepare accurate, well-organized and complete written summary and analysis with recommendations for appropriate exposure amounts, structures and risk ratings.
- Present analysis and findings to Senior Credit Officer and other Senior level Management.
- Participate in the review of agreements and documentation.
- Responsible for preparation and management of credit files complete with final credit authorization, memorandums, borrower and guarantor financial statements, collateral information, etc.
- Participate in computer-based, instructor led as well as on the job training.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identify high risk accounts, report suspicious activities to Supervisor or BSA Department.
This position may require travel.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel including modeling and advanced formulas; proficient with other Microsoft Office products, and financial statement spreading tools.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
- Completion of a formal bank credit-training program is preferred.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of commercial banking experience with a strong underwriting base and financial analysis experience.
- Proven track record working as a member of a close-knit team with shared responsibilities.
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.