Clinician - Crisis Residence
This position functions as a part of a multi-disciplinary crisis team, under the direct supervision of the Program Director. The clinician will provide short term crisis assessment, crisis counseling, treatment planning with behavior management, and clinical interventions that identify the client's emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric crisis. The clinician will implement all assessments and treatments using a strength-based, trauma-informed, systems-oriented perspective and will include the development of crisis prevention and safety planning for when the client is discharged back to the community.
What a Crisis Residence Clinician can expect:
- Engage in advocacy for the clients and families served in the crisis residence.
- Complete the intake process for admission to the crisis residence
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and stabilization to youth while in the crisis residence.
- Conduct ongoing indicated risk assessments, mental status examinations.
- Formulate preliminary diagnosis (with appropriate supervisory sign-off)
- Analyze clinical information to identify crisis treatment plans to include behavioral management, stabilization, safety planning, and integration back into the community safely.
- Provide individual and group counseling.
- Facilitate/Coordinate tele-mental health services.
- Facilitate family meetings to provide education, therapy, and discharge planning.
- Consult with team and supervisors as appropriate.
- Document information in accordance with applicable standards.
- As assigned rotate schedule to provide coverage during holidays, vacations, and sick calls.
- Hours will be flexible to meet program, client, and family need
Your experience and qualification:
- Requires LMSW level license / LMHC required; LCSW–R licensure preferred
- Requires a Master’s degree and three to four years of related experience.
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Free training/CEU opportunities
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
If you’ve got the talent, drive, and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.