Position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, clients, family, visitors and general public.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other personnel.
- Knowledgeable of the safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment, including emergency protocol.
- Must be knowledgeable in health care practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and policies and procedures governing the community and uphold the employee code of conduct.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them.
- Demonstrate the ability to take directions and follow through an established routine and new introduction.
- Demonstrate the patience, tact and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
Temperament: Must possess excellent communication skills; be highly organized, act as a team player; be able to deal with stressful situations; be flexible to work on multiple tasks; pay attention to detail; possess empathy and understanding; maintain composure at all times and deal with constant change.
Physical:Sit: 40 % walk/stand: 60 %.
Position requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
Lifting: Frequent lifting of up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 30 pounds.
Sensory: Visual and auditory acuity.
Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable those senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Position must meet the general health requirement of the facility to include a medical examination.
Cognitive:Ability to define problems, collect and organize information; establish facts and draw valid conclusions to solve the problem/handle the situation and exercise good judgment. Must be able to remain calm and to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position in what can become a stressful environment.
Environmental: Normal office environment subject to inside and occasionally outside environmental conditions.
- Work is primarily performed throughout the facilities.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, family members, government agencies and general public under all conditions and circumstances.
- Works beyond normal working hours and in other positions when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g. evacuation, severe weather, etc.).
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures.
- May be involved in community/civic activities.
- Is required to be on-call for emergency situations.
- May be involved in resident activities outside the facility.
Occupational Exposure: Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants and hazardous chemicals.
Education:Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an approved LPN program.
Must be qualified to perform CPR
Must possess the ability to read, write and speak the English language.
Experience:Prefer experience in a senior living setting for a minimum of two (2) years.
Certification/License: Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Connecticut
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
3rd shift - full time - 40 hours