The Product Manager is responsible for maintaining and developing products by conducting market research, identifying potential products and product improvements, generating product requirements, determining specifications and production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introductions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage all product initiatives for designated product lines.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and identify continuous improvement initiatives to support market share growth.
- Communicate product and service features and benefits to a variety of audiences and distribution networks.
- Conduct annual analysis of current product line and competitors new introductions.
- Prepare and present the status of products being developed, the sales history of products released in prior years and their margins.
- Ensure timely launch of new products by managing and tracking the new product development schedule with the design team.
- Manage the margins of all product lines from launch to annual price increase through product changes for cost reduction or increased price.
- Assist in tradeshow preinstalls, on-site installations, and hands-on installations as they occur.
- Participate in dealer communication for feedback, special design requests and sales assistance.
- Analyze and push product forecasting to purchasing as needed.
- Support sales team by developing specialized selling tools directly related to products as needed.
- Conduct internal and external training related to new products.
- Work with the product and marketing teams to plan and execute photography.
- Maintain product portion of the customer relationship management database.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.