The City of Taylor is seeking candidates for a dedicated Parks and Recreation Lifeguard with experience working with the public, maintaining safe a environment, and performing first aid and emergency care as needed to serve as the City of Taylor’s Parks and Recreation Lifeguard for the Taylor Northwest Pool. The Taylor Northwest Pool Lifeguard works alongside fellow lifeguards and staff members, complete daily/weekly assigned tasks, as well as maintain and monitor a clean, safe environment, and reports to the Recreation Supervisor and/or Manager. City will provide re-certification for qualified applicants.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining a safe aquatic environment for all participants and be able to efficiently and properly perform first aid and emergency services as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned by the Parks and Recreation Supervisor and/or designee)
- Be able to efficiently and properly perform emergency procedures as needed
- Be able to efficiently and properly perform first aid care as needed
- Exhibit strong customer service skills
- Efficiently complete light cleaning tasks in each region of the aquatic facility
- Candidates MUST be able to work weekends
- Maintain a safe, inviting environment for all participants of the facilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to endure all physical demands to pass certification requirements.
- Must be able to stand and maintain a suitable energy for period up to seven and a half (7.5) hours in length
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat frequently to properly maintain and oversee a safe environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to customers, existing members of our facilities, and employees
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to operate the day to day programs and to accomplish the daily and weekly required tasks of the facility
- Must be able to work efficiently in outdoor environments and extreme temperatures
- Required to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Lifeguard and CPR/AED certification
- City will provide re-certification for qualified applicants
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, facility guidelines, procedure manuals, and staff instructions. Ability to speak and communicate effectively with other staff members, customers, and existing members of our facilities.
- Ability to apply certification knowledge when appropriate while on duty.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The City of Taylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer