Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities!
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
Smalley has an opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager!
- Works closely with Quality, Manufacturing, Operations, Facilities, Engineering, Maintenance teams and support functions/staff to drive EHS performance and results
- Advises and collaborates with the senior leadership team setting overall EHS direction
- Acts as company interface/representative with regulatory agencies for regulatory inspections, information requests, and submissions for the organization
- Design, develop, implement and continuously improve the Smalley EHS Management System including any needed policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local EHS regulations (EU, OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc...)
- Monitor, interpret and incorporate changes in EHS regulations into Smalleys EHS management system
- Manage EHS documentation including program design, data collection, regulatory postings, training documentation, and internal KPI reports.
- Create, manage and maintain an EHS budget.
- Identify, prepare and assure delivery of EHS training.
- Develop, implement and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries/incidents.
- Develop and track annual EHS targets and objectives.
- Perform/support JSA and Risk Assessment completion for the facility/company.
- Serve as the Management Representative for the EHS Management System
- Ensure all company locations initiate and maintain required EHS plans, permits, and reports.
- Develop and maintain the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP).
- Lead the Smalley Emergency Response Team.
- Manage the EHS Corrective Action Preventative Action process including root cause analysis.
- Advise and review projects (all stages - design to completion) ensuring EHS requirements are identified/addressed.
- Manage and coordinate various internal EHS audits (ISO 14001, ISO 9001etc.).
- Lead or support EHS Teams.
- Provide support and coach the management team in driving the EHS management system
- Lead EHS Function.
- Lead EHS and project teams.
- Develop the management team as EHS leaders.