Be part of the Solution at San Diego Center for Children.
Weve identified a problem: Youth and families are experiencing higher rates of mental health conditions than ever before, yet theres a significant shortage of available therapists in our local community to serve them. Rather than sitting on a long waitlist for months, the San Diego Center for Childrens Family Wellness Center is EXPANDING its capacity to serve more youth and families in need! Heres where you join in and be part of the solution!
The Family Wellness Center Services:
The Family Wellness Center is an outpatient program of the San Diego Center for Children (SDCC). It specializes in a variety of outpatient therapy services, psychological assessment, and support services. Our team of dedicated therapists help children, teens, young adults, and family members of all ages discover and develop individual strengths, build strong families, and provide guidance through personal challenges. Our clinical approaches are evidence-based, family focused, strength-based, culturally relevant, collaborative, and trauma-informed.
Licensed Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Direct therapeutic services to children, adolescents, young adults, and their parents/caregivers. Provides screening, assessment, treatment planning, individual and family therapies, case management, and consultation. Occasional group therapy may be required.
- Utilizes a treatment approach that is individualized, culturally appropriate, trauma informed, and based on the strengths and needs of the client and family.
- Responsible for comprehensive, clinically sound, efficient, and timely documentation and billing.
- Seeks outcome measures and client satisfaction surveys as a means of measuring treatment progress and success.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team within the program and with community partners.
- Maintains a positive attitude and collaborative teamwork approach. Demonstrates respect for coworkers, clients, and office workspace. Brings forth ideas for program improvement.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of SDCC and the Family Wellness Center.
- Provides professional services in the Family Wellness Center clinic and via telehealth platform.
- Engages in continuous training in evidence-based and culturally relevant practices. Approaches work from the lens of SDCCs IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity and action) values and principles.
As an Employee of San Diego Center for Children, you can expect:
- A mission driven organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and families
- A culture committed to values of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Action (IDEA).
- A training institution providing you continuing education and clinical practice in evidence-based models.
- An opportunity to grow your career and advance within the company.
- Opportunities to voice new ideas and impact innovation.
- A very supportive, multidisciplinary, collegial work environment.
- Dedication to employee wellness and appreciation inclusive of company-wide health fairs, appreciation events, access to employee assistance benefits, and more.
Heres a few more perks and benefits we value:
- A hybrid of in-office and work-from-home flexibility.
- Ample time off for vacation, wellness, holidays, and your birthday!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plan with a match.
- Free work-related professional development opportunities & license fee reimbursement.
- Billing and scheduling clients are done for you.
- Compensation for ALL of your time spent on clinical and administrative duties.
- Comprehensive liability insurance provided at no cost to you.
Join the San Diego Center for Children, where our vision is to inspire a world where all child and families live joyful, healthy lives.
Protect the joy of childhood.
Prevent emotional suffering.
And thats exactly what were doing!