This is a newly created position to manage ACH Operations and Payment Services (i.e. wire processing, non-post, etc). Supporting the SVP of Bank Operations, this position will assume direct responsibility of managing vendors and daily operations as it relates to servicing and department planning in payment processing to continue high level of customer service and to gain efficiencies. In addition, the Payments Operations Manager will assist the SVP of Bank Operations with strategic initiatives while supporting current initiatives and processes. Success in this role requires exceptional drive and independence to identify and implement new processes to resolve operational issues. Under the direction of the SVP of Bank Operations, this role will work with many departments throughout the sales, product, and PMO teams to ensure successful product implementations and system enhancements.
Understand current needs and trends to recognize a need for change in current processes within Payment Services and ACH Operations. Coach new associates within the departments and educate other areas within Atlantic Capital as it relates to department procedures. Monthly goal assessments, scorecards, management reports, budget parameters, and issue resolutions are key performance factors that the Payments Operations Manager will be accountable to provide monthly. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to customer service performance, service level agreement adherence, associate development, training requirements, policy and procedure adherence and updates as needed for SOX and Internal Audit remediation.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Oversee daily management of ACH, Wire, and RTP processing to ensure transactions are processed and received from and sent to internal and external customers including cash management, core vendors and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Supervise daily production of staff including coaching, professional skills development, policy and procedure adherence, and metric measurements.
- Ensure that all departments complete daily reconcilements and all settlement entries clear.
- Work closely with staff to ensure operational efficiency and unmatched customer satisfaction. Managing escalation to Senior/Executive Management appropriately. Communicate effectively and professionally throughout the organization and with the Atlantic Capital Bank client base.
- Manage departmental changes and assist staff as it relates to procedures, corresponding changes within the organization, testing and implementing new products. Procedures should be in alignment of bank policies and SOX controls.
- Responsible for working with Enterprise Risk Management team on Audits (Internal, External, SOX, etc.)
- Develop and maintain staffing models
- Assist with managing and coordinating project tasks to meet scheduled deadlines for new customer implementations.
- Develop testing plans for new product releases for all payment systems.
- Develop and report department metrics timely and accurately to allow for department management, reporting to Senior and Executive Management; Along with any necessary Risk Reporting
- Document and assist with department, bank, and vendor disaster recovery testing.
- All system enhancements and upgrades should be coordinated with appropriate departments and vendors in addition adhere to banking laws and regulations. Communicate any changes to appropriate parties within the organization.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate at all levels (Associates to Senior Management and Executives)
- Highly Organized and ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a high paced environment with critical processing deadlines and critical financially and reputational exposed operations
- Strong professional communication skills and technical knowledge and aptitude required.
- Strong working and exhibited knowledge MS Word, Excel, and Windows OS
- Strong working understanding of payment systems and workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work related experience.
- Minimum 7 years of Bank Operations; with a concentration in ACH, Wire and other payment systems.
- Knowledge of Fiserv PEP+ ACH product.
- AAP preferred.
- Working knowledge of Payment clearing and processing networks (FedWire, ACH, SWIFT, Foreign Exchange, etc.; Preferred exposure to FasterPayments and/or TheClearingHouse for RTP)
- Working knowledge of NACHA format and Rules.
- Experience in Bank Operations and Commercial Customer Service required.
- Intermediate understanding of Regulation E, NACHA rules, EFT, and Fed rules.
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.