The primary purpose of the position will be to support the SBA portfolio management activities of Atlantic Capital Bank within the Credit Management department, as well as other Risk Management activities. In order to accomplish these activities, the Portfolio Manager will perform regularly scheduled risk reviews; financial statement spreading and analysis; assist with loan modifications, and ongoing portfolio management and monitoring for existing SBA credit relationships. Other activities will include interacting with SBA customers to meet their loan servicing requests and obtaining updated financial information. Initially, this position will also be assisting in the bank’s ongoing PPP loan forgiveness activities.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ability to read financial statements, projections and monitor covenants.
- Spread and analyze company financial statements; proactively address negative trends.
- Perform industry analysis.
- Review and analyze collateral performance.
- Support with the SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness process.
- Service the SBA loan portfolio with a working understanding of SBA SOP 50 57 2.
- Write effective credit memorandums and annual reviews in a high-volume environment, while adhering to and enforcing all Bank credit policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with customers, Credit Officers, SBA Operations and Loan Operations to ensure SBA loan servicing requests are properly managed and executed.
- Participate in client calls with SBA Bankers and Credit Officers.
- Monitor borrowers’ financial status and loan compliance and ensure that administrative items (borrower and guarantor financial statements, covenant calculations, insurance certificates, etc.) are current.
- Detect and escalate early warning signs of credit weakness in a timely fashion.
- Prepare monthly updates for Watchlist credit relationships and, as needed, present the highlights.
- Review credit files and request financial statements in preparation for bank audits.
- Help develop junior Portfolio Manager talent as needed.
- Participate in computer-based as well as on the job credit training.
- Comply with the with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high risk accounts, reporting suspicious activities to Supervisor or BSA Department.
This position may require travel.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficient in use of PC software tools including Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles with an emphasis on cash flow analysis
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Capable of delivering thoughtful, yet concise, credit recommendations
- Strong organizational skills and effective time management
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Generally able to read, comprehend and negotiate loan documentation
- Prior experience in financial statement spreading and analysis
- Working knowledge of Sageworks is a plus
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- Completion of commercial credit training program is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in SBA lending or loan servicing or a minimum of 5 years commercial banking credit or portfolio management experience with strong financial analysis comprehension.
- Proven track record working as a member of a close-knit team with shared responsibilities.
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.