You belong at YSS if you have:
- a high school diploma, or equivalent
- a degree or are pursuing a degree; all majors are accepted, but we prefer social work, education, psychology, or related fields
- a valid Iowa Drivers' license, as some travel may be required
- a genuine interest in working with youth, ages 10-17, and a desire to help them navigate challenges.
- the ability to work collaboratively and independently in a dynamic, sometimes emotionally intense, environment.
- the ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds.
- empathy, patience, and a nonjudgmental attitude towards individuals facing challenges.
If you're ready to make a difference in the lives of young people and create a supportive environment where they can thrive, we encourage you to apply for the Youth Shelter Intern position. Your commitment could be the guiding light for those seeking stability and a brighter future.
Please apply on our web site and include your resume along with a thoughtful cover. In your cover letter tell us why you want to work at YSS and describe how your skills, experiences, and interests align with our mission of supporting and empowering youth in need.