Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the ‘human’ in human capital.
Remember the last time you planned a vacation? You may have been nervous or excited to travel by air to your favorite destination. Well, your trip was made possible by the design and quality of Smalley’s rings and springs! Our product plays an important role within various applications in the aerospace industry from engines, cabin applications to wheels and brakes. Check us out to see why we are the leading manufacturer for the aerospace industry and several other key industries such as medical, automotive, oil and gas!
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will provide day-to-day leadership and organizes workload of the Information Technology department. Assumes full responsibility for the end user computing portfolio, infrastructure operations and application operation portfolios. Manages the data center at the Lake Zurich campus, global management of all server and network infrastructure, service desk management, and management of architectural builds of the personal computing platforms (desktops, laptops, virtual sessions, etc.). The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, and aligns with and supports the risk posture of the company.
- Manages staff, performance development, talent management as well as forecasting skills needed
- Provides clear direction and guidance to a group of associates in the areas of end user services, help desk, application operations, server / storage / network infrastructure and data center management
- Ensures high availability, reliability, stability and security of all computer systems
- Develops and executes a disaster recovery / business continuity strategy
- Manages the cyber-security portfolio
- Institutes standard patch management, change management and license management processes
- Establishes, measures and monitors attainment of IT service level agreements (SLA)
- Designs and implements short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and define associated training plans for infrastructure administration, performance reporting and configuration management
- Provides superior customer service for enterprise clients through management of KPI driven performance metrics
- Provides services for migrating and supporting enterprise-wide users on select IT services
- Ensures infrastructure technology roadmaps are up to date to support technology changes, emerging technologies, technology regulations, cybersecurity protection, in cloud and in virtualized hosting
- Establishes and maintains close to 100% uptime on audio-visual technologies, conferencing technologies, and end-user related technologies at the campus
- Identifies and sponsors advantageous continuous improvement efforts aimed at enhancing the capabilities and productivity of the Operations team
- Evaluates and effectively deploys internal and external resources; ensure that deliverables provided by each group meet standards and match specification
- Hands-on experience with a modern ERP (preferably Infor Syteline/Cloud Suite Industrial) installations, uplifts, and maintenance