We are looking for a stellar VP of Finance to join our team! Reporting to the CFO, you will be a trusted partner, building out and managing various aspects of the finance department, including analytics, monthly reporting, accounting operations, systems, treasury, ALCO, Budget, and Strategy. You will be involved in preparing board presentations and will work closely with the senior leadership team, as well as building strong relationships across all departments in, instilling a culture of strong communication and partnership with finance.
Title: Vice President of Finance Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Finance Location: Ayer/Marlborough
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY: Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President of Finance will be working on complex financial models and systems to provide a variety of financial reports/data vital to the decision-making process to developing and executing the strategic plan to meet the bank’s overall competitive position within the financial services industry. By building out and managing various aspects of the finance department, including analytics, monthly reporting, accounting operations, systems, treasury, ALCO, budget, and strategy, preparing board presentations and working closely with the senior leadership team. Additionally, it is expected that this position will assist with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole and acts as a resource for other team members as well as embraces the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Providing management with financial and analytic information vital to the decision-making process.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; and provide budget to actual variance reporting.
- Leading the Bankwide reporting and metrics
- Develops and leads the Forecast and Budget variance reporting.
- Leads Treasury strategy and funding enhancements.
- Leader in the annual budgeting and planning process
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Support the CFO in engaging the board’s audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating model.
- Assist internal and external auditors and regulators with their respective engagements.
- Provides training and guidance to others in the department on new and existing processes.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure all necessary tasks are complete and accurate providing general guidance and supervision of the ***** team.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes to ensure compliance in the areas of job responsibilities, and recommend improvements or changes as needed for compliance and/or for department efficiency.
- Monitor departmental procedures, making necessary changes to increase productivity and improve efficiencies – Communicating these changes to all stakeholders.
- Adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required to continue the high standard of customer service as well as occasionally participating in before/after hours and/or weekend community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: In alignment with our Core Values and Lean Principles, and in coordination with, department management:
- Supervises assigned staff to schedule and assign work, directing staff according to business needs and established goals and objectives and provide training.
- Create an inclusive work environment that encourages and rewards performance while recognizing individual needs and skills.
- Monitor and approve bi-weekly timecards, review and approve time off requests for all members of the team always ensuring adequate coverage of department.
- Completes performances reviews, recommends employment decisions, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and develops staff, as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to weight competing priorities and direct staff according to business needs.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work is complex and analytical in nature.
- Works independently along all staff levels and with complex and proprietary information.
- Influence as subject matter expert to help guide the leadership team in financial decisions.
- Participates in developing and executing the strategic plan to meet the bank’s overall competitive position within the financial services industry.
- CPA, CFA or MBA
- 7 years in Financial Institution or Finance Industry.
- Corporate Finance experience
- Financial modeling and analytics experience
- ALCO /Treasury experience preferred.
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Profitability reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong on the excel skills.
- GL and financial reporting systems, SNL, Oracle, etc.
- Previous management experience
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Means and mode to travel to any of Main Street Bank’s locations as needed on a regular basis.
- Team Builder
- Financial planning and strategy
- Strategic planning and vision
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills,
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments, about banking products and services, vendors, and Board of Directors and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English).
As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety documents such as financial reports and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, (i.e., files)
- Regularly required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals.
- Regular local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e., board meetings, other department).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.