Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale, and foodservice customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest, with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, "Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers, and they will make you successful." As a Production Supervisor, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
General Description: Under general direction, this position organizes, coordinates, and is directly responsible for supervising staff, equipment, and processes on the production floor. Must also possess a positive and team-orientated approach to time-sensitive situations. Duties include the ability to successfully lead groups of people toward a common goal.
What you'll do...
- Assess workload, and assign, prioritize, delegate, and evaluate the work of other staff members
- Make recommendations for changes in staffing as necessary to meet the demands of the workload
- Set up production and shift schedule and determines production roles for the date
- Manage and monitors employee attendance
- Manage and coach employee, including working with leadership and HR to implement formal corrective action needed
- Responsible for the safety of the employees and ensuring that all safety guidelines are followed
- Follow all quality standards
- Recommend, implement, and evaluate procedures and standards
- Use computer to record, retrieve, and analyze data, and provide daily production reports
- Maintain and enforce safety standards, PPE, and practices to prevent accidents and injuries
- Provide leadership and promote company values of Safety, Quality, Service & Integrity
What we look for...
- Minimum 3 years of experience in food processing and a minimum of 2 years of experience supervising at least ten employees
- Bilingual English/Spanish or another native language preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pallet jack and forklift experience preferred
- Team-oriented, with the ability to look at what is best for the company when making decisions
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, specifically in the areas of meeting deadlines and coordinating/communicating with other departments
- Good oral and written communication skills including ability to read and write in English
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with individuals at all levels of the company
- Good attention to detail and understanding of the structure and operation of the Prepared Foods department
- A high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Experience in Produce Pro or similar Warehouse Management Operating Program
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program