Join our team at Scientific Protein Laboratories (SPL), a world leader in in biosourced pharmaceuticals, located just outside of Madison, Wisconsin in Waunakee! SPL is an innovative biopharmaceutical leader with unique products and services supporting the pharmaceutical industry globally. For over 40 years, SPL specializes in the development and cGMP compliant manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). SPL has an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Process Operator.
Under direct supervision, a Process Operator performs all activities necessary to manufacture SPL specialty products according to Manufacturing Instructions (MIs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Follows written procedures required for the production of SPL specialty products according to current Manufacturing Instructions (MI's), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Good Documentation Practices (GDP's) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Performs activities necessary to manufacture product. These activities may include but are not limited to solvent handling, washing and sanitizing equipment and work areas, and process equipment assembly and teardown.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment to accomplish goals to ensure success while manufacturing a costly product.
- Adheres to established work schedules in a consistently reliable manner, and performs job responsibilities and delivers work products on a dependable and timely basis.
- Must be knowledgeable on basic mathematics and be able to use a calculator to perform basic calculations.
- Able to perform a variety of tasks while exercising some degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals.
- Will work with acids, caustics, solvents, and use PPE. Follows all SPL safety practices and procedures.
- Utilizes good housekeeping practices to ensure work areas are neat and sanitary.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Experience: None required, two plus years preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment as required
WHY JOIN SPL?
Our employees are our success! We recruit motivated people, recognize their contributions, and support their development to reach their full potential.
Perks include: competitive compensation; excellent benefits package - including Medical, Dental and Vision on Day 1; Life and AD&D Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability; Health and Flexible Saving Account options; Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation; paid Holidays; 401k; advancement opportunities; team-oriented environment; community involvement; company events and more!
SPL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.