Job Title: On Call Teacher Aide/Substitute Teacher
Job Classification: On Call/Part Time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Teacher/Site Manager
STEP (Substitute Teacher Empowerment and Placement) is a non-profit program that was initially funded by the San Francisco OECE (Office of Early Care and Education). It provides affordable substitute teacher staffing for childcare centers and promotes fair wages and professional development for teachers. If you are interested in working with young children ages 0- 5, please apply now. No ECE units are required to start.
STEP provides great benefits, flexible hours and work locations in San Francisco Bay Area, ongoing paid training, a learning community, and lots of professional development opportunities to help you step into the ECE field and be empowered! Check out the STEP website www.ecestep.org or call 415-960-1351 for more information.
Job: This position functions as a floater in the center supporting classrooms when needed. The primary role of this position is to support classroom activities, supervision, and needs. The secondary role is to ensure quality food service and sanitation in the center.
I. Primary responsibility is to assist the teaching staff, which includes the following duties:
- Prepare classroom activities and the classroom environment
- Assist with the implementation of curriculum as needed
- Supervise children at all times
- Help ensure indoor/outdoor safety
- Oversee the daily nap routine
- Communicate with parents at pick-up time when needed
- Interact with children appropriately
- Report inappropriate behavior of staff, parents, and on-site consultants to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assist center administration staff as assigned by the site manager (e.g. checking and opening doors, answering phones, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher or site manager
II. The secondary role is to assist teachers and/or center aide with kitchen duties as needed. These duties include:
- Receive food from the driver and check delivery against the driver sheet
- Check and record the temperature of food and foods served, and reheating as needed
- Check and record refrigerator/freezer temperatures
- Prepare meals for each class
- Clean up and wash dishes
- Maintain a sanitation log